Globally, the music industry single-handedly generated US$19.1 billion and grew by 9.7% in 2018. The revenue gotten from streaming grew by 34.0% and accounted for almost half of the global revenue, a large percentage gotten from paid subscription streaming, with 255 million users of paid streaming services at the end of 2018 accounting for 37% of total recorded music revenue according to IFPI Global Music Report 2019.
This has marked a turning point in the music industry, whose major and quite frankly, the only source of income was from CDs, since the 1980s.
Today, technology and innovations in the music industry such as YouTube, SoundCloud, and other streaming platforms, has replaced Alaba distribution network and even blogs as the number one music provider network within the artist community.
It’s a do or die affair for companies and brands, as well as a get rich quickly for artists who have leveraged on this surge to take advantage of streaming giants like Boomplay, Tidal, CeFlix Tunes, Apple Music, etc, and to create a personalized experience for the listeners.
However, while music is on a whole new level in the foreign scene, with artists and fans operating the modern style method of streaming via the best free and paid music streaming apps and services, Mp4s, etc, Africa is still grasping at best and the gospel industry is not left out as most of these platforms don’t really satisfy the African market and give enough African-content especially gospel music as advertised.
Find a list of 5 amazing brands out there that are taking advantage of the rise of streaming in the country and are leveraging on the vast market to offer personalized and satisfactory services to their customers.
- Boom Play Music – Is a media streaming and download service that gives you access to unlimited African & International songs, videos & buzz.
- CeFlix Tunes – Is the number one gospel music platform that delivers first-class gospel music right at your fingertips with amazing features tailored for your undiluted listening pleasure and monetization benefits.
- MTN Music Plus + – Is a digital music service that gives you instant access to loads of song from all your old favorites to the latest hits!
- Spinlet – Is digital media company, focusing on Afro-Centric content. Spinlet’s primary service is music streaming and downloads available globally via web browsers, and the Spinlet app on iOS and Android.
- iROKING – Is an online media distribution company focused on the Nigerian Entertainment Industry that brings Nigerian music lovers some of the biggest artists of the moment, direct to Android phones – all for FREE.
Download the CeFlix Tunes app here and tune in to the Non-stop music channel for a healthy dose of sound celebration.
The CeFlix Tunes app is available for all Android devices in the Google Play Store and iOS users worldwide.